Participate in CUB’s Smart Switch Program and receive up to $75 credit on your utility bill!
Did you know that electricity rates are now higher in the summer and winter months than they are during spring and fall? Demand for electricity is higher during these “peak” months than it is during milder weather, or “off peak” months. To help reduce your utility bill YEAR ROUND, sign up for CUB’s Smart Switch Program today.
Smart Switch Program Details
- Installation of Smart Switch required on water heater and/or pool pump.
- Program limited to electric hot water heaters > 40 gallons.
- Program extends to electric-powered pool pump motors for in-ground pool installations.
- $50 cash rebate for water heater participation.
- Additional $25 cash rebate for pool pump participation.
- Customer must own the residence. No commercial installations.
- Customer must agree to remain in the program for at least three (3) years.
- After signing up, one of CUB’s qualified electrical contractors will contact you to coordinate an installation time.
- Program enrollment limited to first 1,000 customers.
- CUB’s control over electric water heaters and pool pumps will be limited to a consecutive duration of 2 hours per event.
Complete a Smart Switch Form and a CUB representative will contact you.
Other Smart Ways to Reduce Your Utility Bill
Delaying appliance use during peak times of the day (i.e., winter = morning 6-9 am; summer = later afternoon/evening 4-8 pm) is another good way to help keep rates low. For instance, during the hot summer months, delay doing a load of laundry or running the dishwasher until after 9 pm…..prepare your meals in advance to avoid cooking during peak times…..set your thermostat to 78 degrees or higher during summer months and 68 degrees or lower during winter months.